Figarelle’s Fitness Studio Rules
1. Check your ego and your attitude: Our workouts are intended to take you out of your comfort zone. Please refrain from complaining, arguing, or using negative self-talk during a workout. It not only affects you, but it also affects your coaches and those around you. You are here to work, not to be comfortable.
2. Respect the studio and the equipment at all times: Be nice to the equipment and return everything you use when you are finished. Pay attention to where you found your equipment, and return it to the same location.
3. Be hospitable and kind to others: Introduce yourself to an unfamiliar face and give yourself the opportunity to make an awesomely, supportive new friend. Lend a helping hand if you see someone who needs it, and always offer words of encouragement. High five somebody!
4. Arrive On-Time and Ready to WORK: Please show up to each session at least 5 minutes early and dressed for your workout, or arrive 10-15 minutes early so you can change. The entire group will get 20 Burpees for every late person. NO EXCUSES.
5. Nutrition: Eat at least 90 minutes before your workout. Pre-workout meals should consist of a protein source such as eggs or chicken breast, and a carbohydrate source such as oatmeal or brown rice. Your performance depends on proper nutrition.
6. Control your weights and your movements: Please do not drop equipment (especially barbells and dumbbells). If you cannot handle a certain weight, put it down gently and pick up lighter weight and continue. Do not kick, drop, slam, or be careless with equipment in any way.
7. Don’t be a cheater: Keep an accurate count of your reps and sets and scale as needed. You will gain far more from a scaled workout than a sloppy, fast workout where you’re forced to compromise form. Your form during a movement is a reflection of our teaching, please follow directions and make appropriate changes when we queue you to do so. This is to ensure that you stay safe, and get the most from your workouts.
8. Keep Sweat to Yourself: Please bring a towel, and be mindful of those around you. Wipe your sweat from the equipment, mats, and floors. Please also wear clean clothes, deodorant, and practice good hygiene overall.
9. Cleanliness: Shut off the light in the bathroom when you leave, throw your garbage away, and clean up any other kind of nasty mess you make. Don’t track in water, dirt, or mud onto the studio floor unless you plan on cleaning it up.
10. Listen Up: Our goal is to make sure you are performing movements safely and efficiently, and your ability to hear your coach is very important. For your safety and those around you, please do not engage in conversation with those nearby while we’re going over the workout and exercise demonstrations. It’s distracting and rude. Boot Camp is a great way to make friends, but please save social time until after the workout. You will get one warning, and then the group will get 20 Burpees if I have to ask you again.
11. Take your stuff home: Do not leave shoes, water bottles or towels at the studio. We are not responsible for your things, so don’t forget to take them with you when you leave.
12. Cell Phones: Please keep your phone on silent or shut if off the the duration of our workout. If you have an emergency and absolutely need to keep your phone on, please inform me well before the class starts. Don’t check your phone or text during the workout.
13. Music: We can’t DJ the entire session, so if you have a personal preference when it comes to the music we play during the workout, please let us know ahead of time, we are more than happy to oblige. Some songs we play may have a few F-bombs, sorry if that offends you.
14. Communicate with us: If you’re struggling with your diet, or during a workout, or you’re not getting the results you want- let us know immediately. We can’t help you if we don’t know what’s going on. Feel free to call, text, or email us at any time with your questions or concerns.
15. Cancellations: We require 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a session. If you fail to provide us with adequate notice of a missed session, you will be charged the full amount of that session.