Do you have a “Bucket List?”
If you’re not familiar, a Bucket List is an inventory of all the things you’d like to accomplish before you die. For example, places you’d like to travel, books you’d like to read/write, marathons you’d like to run, mountains you’d like to climb, adventures you’d like to experience, etc.
Do you have such a list?
In order for you to make changes in your life, you need to have a constant stream of defined goals waiting to be attained. This ensures you always have something to look forward to. Isn’t that what it’s all about anyway?
I’ve always had an assortment of things I’ve wanted to accomplish since I was a kid, and hopefully I have many more years to check things off my Bucket List- however, most of what I’d like to do requires me to be fit and healthy. Therefore, keeping myself in great shape day in and day out ensures that I’ll be in top form and fully able to enjoy my adventures to the best of my abilities.
Here’s a quick list of some of my Bucket List priorities- a few already accomplished, but many more waiting to be attained … I encourage you to start your own if you haven’t, or add to your list and get to work on accomplishing those goals!
Part of my Bucket List, in no particular order:
1. Climb the Great Wall of China
2. Skydive/tandem (accomplished 8/2010)
3. Get Scuba Certified (accomplished 1/2009 in Southern Thailand).
4. Hitchhike, backpack a foreign Country (accomplished Jan/Feb 2010 in S. Thailand).
5. Fall in love/Get married/have kids.
6. Travel to Russia and spend at least a month learning about the culture and athletics. Especially Kettlebells.
7. Bungee Jump anywhere (for some reason this freaks me out more than skydiving).
8. Conquer my irrational fear of snakes by holding one (accomplished 8/2010).
9. Write a book or 10.
10. Earn my black belt in some form of martial arts.
11. Meet Madonna (Not sure why, but this has always been a goal since I was a kid).
12. Dead Lift 300 LBS. (My best was 275 LBS for 1 repetition).
13. Accomplish a consecutive set of 20, dead hang/overhand pullups without resting (My best so far was 12 consecutive pullups).
14. Do a backflip on the ground, not a trampoline.
15. Become fluent in at least 2 foreign languages outside of English.
What’s on YOUR Bucket List?